Waste Management Companies: Waste Managed
Based in the heart of Newcastle City Centre, Waste Managed is one of the largest waste management companies in the UK. Servicing businesses across numerous sectors, the company provides waste services to over 24,000 customers.
The Waste Managed way
Waste Managed takes an upfront approach to waste management. The company calculates the cost of a customer’s waste needs for the year, then this is spread over 12 monthly payments. It promises no hidden fees or costs, no fluctuating prices, and no excess weight fees.
What services does Waste Managed provide?
At almost every point on its website, Waste Managed emphasises its custom approach to commercial waste management. Every business customer gets a tailored package based on what type of waste they produce, how much, and how often they need it collected.
Waste collection, disposal, and removal
Businesses can get a waste service for every type of waste they produce including:
- General waste – general, everyday rubbish-think the things you can’t recycle.
- Dry mixed recycling – cardboard, paper, and some plastics.
- Glass waste – bottles and jars.
- Food waste – out-of-date food, food scrapings, and leftovers.
- Clinical waste – bandages, swabs, and sanitary products.
- Sharps waste – medical, tattoo, or piercing needles.
Collections are usually scheduled twice weekly, weekly, or fortnightly depending on a customer’s requirements.
Waste Managed offers commercial recycling of:
- Plastic, including HDPE, PET, PP, LDPE, PVC*
- Some Glass
*Confused about plastic types? Here’s an at-a-glance guide:
- HDPE – used in items like milk containers.
- PET – mostly used to make plastic water bottles.
- PP – used in butter or margarine containers.
- LDPE – used in plastic shopping bags.
- PVC – present in items like cling film.
The company strives to repurpose or recycle as much as possible to keep waste out of landfill.
Commercial bin provision
Many businesses buy their own smaller office bins and recycling stations. However, when it comes to bigger bins like 660-litre or 1100-litre bins, you'll often get one from your waste management company. Waste Managed provides commercial bins to more than 20,000 customers across the UK.
Supporting good causes
Waste Managed prides itself on doing everything it can to minimise the impact of its operations on the environment. It takes an eco-friendly stance across the organisation and nowhere is this more apparent than in its approach to customer waste. Environmentally-friendly waste disposal is a priority, and the company strives to repurpose or recycle customer waste where possible. The ultimate goal is zero-waste-to-landfill.
For more interesting articles on all things recycling and waste management, check out the rest of our blog.