Plastic Fantastic: Why Plastic is the Perfect Material for Wheelie Bins
Remember the old days, when you’d be woken up at the crack of dawn by the clanging sound of binmen collecting your old metal dustbin? Well even if you don’t, you might remember your parents complaining that they were loud, ugly, and prone to rusting.
But wheelie bins evolved when along came plastic to give us the trusty bins we know and love today. Plastic gets a bad press and in many cases, rightly so. But when it comes to bins, plastic wheelies are the unsung heroes. They are the tough, durable soldiers who report for duty and do their job every day, no matter the weather.
Why plastic is best for wheelies
- Plastic wheelies are very versatile, durable, and thankfully much quieter when being wheeled to the refuse vehicle for emptying.
- Plastic is lightweight, so this automatically makes plastic wheelies much easier to move around and lift.
- They won’t rust, decompose, bend, or crack thanks to the fact that they’re made from virtually indestructible polyethylene.
- Plastic wheelies are easier to keep clean. This is what makes plastic wheelie bins a great choice for hospitals, labs, and other premises where strict hygiene protocols need to be adhered to. They can be easily cleaned with standard detergents, or if you’re buying a bin for home and you want to steer clear of chemicals, you can use lemon juice and diluted vinegar to keep your bin looking and smelling fresh and clean.
- Plastic wheelies are great value for money, so they’re perfect if you’re on a budget. Plastic bins are on average, cheaper than metal alternatives. Bonus: if you’re buying in bulk, from our range, you’ll get a multi-buy discount-the more you buy, the more you save!
- Many plastic wheelies are fully recyclable at the end of their life. Because they are made from polyethylene, which is a thermoplastic, they can be melted, injection moulded, and turned into a new bin or other useful plastic products. Once they are recycled, there is no reduction in the quality of the plastic either.
- Plastic wheelie bins do well in extreme temperatures and weather conditions. Our wheelie bins are also UV resistant so their colour won’t fade and they’ll look as good as new for as long as possible.
- Plastic wheelie bins are also easier to customise, whether you want a certain colour, or you want them customised with your logo or other information.
Our wheelie bins
Our wheelie bins are manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities in Germany and France, and are subjected to rigorous testing to make sure that they not only meet, but exceed your expectations. In our product range, there are models that are suitable for businesses of all sizes, single and multi-unit housing properties, the public sector, entertainment venues, and anyone else who uses kerbside rubbish collection services.
We don’t need to tell you how amazing our bins are, the fact that we are the wheelie bin supplier to a large number of UK councils and countless other satisfied customers speaks for itself.
When it comes to our prices, we believe that pound for pound, we have the best value bins available. You can find cheaper models from China online, but the quality is likely to be far inferior.
We believe in high-quality products at competitive prices, and our prices are significantly lower than our competitors'. Multi-buy discounts make those prices even more attractive.
We offer purchase order arrangements for businesses, and pre-approved credit for public sector organisations including educational institutions, government bodies, and the NHS.
Whether you want a light 80-litre bin for households, or a 1100 litre wheelie for warehouses, offices, or residences of multiple occupation, we have just the bin for you. As well as wheelies, we sell 120 litre bottle bins and 110 litre dustbins; whatever your waste management need, we’ve got you covered.
We have over 20 years’ experience of selling bins, so we know what we’re talking about when it comes to a wheelie or a dustbin of any type and size. Everything on our site has been thoroughly tested, so you’ll know you’re getting strong, high-quality, durable products. We also try to keep our products as environmentally friendly as possible, and we some of the models we sell are made from recycled materials (a must if you or your organisation wants to be greener).
Want to know more about our wheelie bins and why we’re the supplier of choice for some of the top local authorities and businesses in the UK?
Contact our expert sales team on 01684 292727 or at [email protected]